Bartending Course Melbourne
Why choose the Victorian Bar School
- We’re the oldest and the best – We’ve been running bar courses for 43 years!
- We have outstanding facilities and guarantee you quality practical training
- We have day, weekend or evening courses so anytime you’re available we can train you
Working behind a bar is incredibly fun and is one of the most abundant jobs available in Melbourne. Whether you’re looking for full time work, or just looking for a few shifts while studying, it can be daunting to work behind a bar for the first time, and it can be difficult trying to find work behind the bar without any skills or experience. The Victorian Bar School offers a range of different courses that will give you the skills, the confidence and the qualifications to get work behind the bar. Our courses are comprehensive and will cover everything you need to know from tapping kegs and pouring beers to making cocktails and providing outstanding customer service. Having done the course, you will show employers that you not only have the basic skills to work behind the bar, but you have the right attitude to work behind the bar, which can be just as important.
In addition to learning the essential skills needed to work behind the bar, our Bartending course in Melbourne will also issue you with your RSA Melbourne certificate which is the qualification you need to serve alcohol in any licensed venue in Victoria. Furthermore, you will be also issued with a National RSA Certificate (SITHFAB002 Provide responsible service of alcohol), which is valid in some states outside of Victoria, so is ideal for travelling!
In addition to the nationally recognised unit of competence listed above, the following part modules are covered (a separate Victorian Bar School Certificate is issued for these subjects):
- Advanced Cocktails
- Wine Knowledge and Wine Service
- Opening and Closing Procedures
- Beer Reticulation Systems
- Cash Handling
- Operate a Bar
- Prepare and Serve Cocktails
- Non-alcoholic Beverages
- Suggestive Selling and Customer Service
|Evening||Monday – Thursday (2 weeks)||6.30pm – 9.30pm||$495|
|Weekend (Foundation)||Saturday & Sunday (1 week)||9am – 4.30pm||$395|
|Weekend||Saturday & Sunday (2 weeks)||9am – 4.30pm||$495|
Are you eligible for a Government Subsidy?
If you are an Australian citizen or permanent resident you may be eligible for our government subsidised course.
Victorian Bar School offers a Certificate IV in Hospitality course from only $79 for eligible candidates that will give teach you the skills to gain employment in Melbourne’s hospitality industry.
The course includes:
- RSA certificate (Melbourne)
- Food handling certificate
- Food safety supervisor certificate
- Cocktail bartending skills
- Barista coffee skills
- Restaurant waiting skills
- Beer, spirit, liqueur and wine knowledge, including tasting techniques
- Leadership, management and operational skills in the hospitality context
- First aid certificate
For more information or to see if you’re eligible please contact call 03 9654 7277